Cracker Barrel CEO says he feels ‘shot by America’ after backlash

Bracker Barrel CEO Julie Masino spoke with The Blaze’s Glenn back about the backlash he and the company have faced after this year’s backlash.
Cracker Barrel CEO Julie Masino explained that she was ‘fired by America’ in an interview last week following the restaurant’s financial restructuring plan.
Masino discussed his leadership role with the Blaze’s Glenn Beck on Thursday, a position that saw him still in charge despite the controversy.
“This may not be asking you well. Were you surprised you weren’t fired?” he asked.
“Um, I feel like I’ve been kicked out of America,” Masino said with a laugh.
Cracker Barrel’s statement on Imay Backlash gets ‘cooked’ by online comments
Consumers quickly spoke out against Cracker Barrel after a logo was unveiled earlier this year that removed the image of a man leaning on a barrel. (Cracker Barrel / Fox News)
“It could have been a lot worse,” Beck said.
The austraist traveling in style in the south of the backlash in August after changing its symbol of the icon of “Uncle Herschel” in a chair that rests his arm in today’s barrel.
Masino, sitting next to Senior Vice President of Store Operations Doug Ariel, said he only wants to “help people love this brand” the way he does, adding that his team expects to redeploy the entire restaurant.
Cracker Barrel CEO breaks silence on U-Turn

Cracker Barrel CEO Julie Masino insisted that she did not intend to remodel the entire store. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
“I think a lot of people think that doug and I and other people are sitting around, they’re like, ‘Let’s remake Cracker Barrel.’ Nothing could be more true,” Masino said. “The idea that others really came to a lot of the work we did in how we improve the food and experience. When we They were talking to our guests, they said, ‘The shops could be more comfortable. They are really black. I can’t read the menu. ‘”
He admitted they “missed the mark” and expressed remorse for disappointing customers.
“We’re sorry that’s what people are hearing,” Masino said. “It wasn’t intentional. It wasn’t intentional. It makes me sad, because I don’t want people to fall in love with the Cracker barrel, how we’ve been showing them the magic that the barrel is made of.”
Click here for more media and culture coverage

Cracker Barrel began bringing back its original designs in September. (Stock)
Cracker Barrel initially stood by the changes, saying the backlash came from “a vocal minority.”
However, in September, Cracker Barrel began bringing back its original logo and restaurant models.
Find FOX business on the go by clicking here
“This is a humble humble product here in the heart of this great country,” Masino said. “Some products you walk in, you sit down and you look, and you see things on the walls, they tell you about their ingredients.



